General API Terms and Conditions – Schiphol API Platform
In order to use the Schiphol API Platform and the APIs offered on the Schiphol API Platform, you must accept these General API Terms and Conditions and any applicable Specific API Terms and Conditions that apply to specific APIs.
Throughout this documents we use the following terms:
- Account Plan: A set of usage rights for a specific API. There is typically a basic free account plan for each API, and more advanced plans with higher limits but also additional conditions or costs attached.
- API: Application Programming Interface
- API Platform: the Schiphol API platform providing access to the APIs.
- API User: the party obtaining access to the Schiphol API Platform. This can be a person or a company.
- General API Terms and Conditions: these General API Terms and Conditions.
- Specific API Terms and Conditions: specific API terms and conditions that apply to specific APIs.
- Schiphol: Schiphol Nederland B.V., a private company with limited liability, with corporate seat in Haarlemmermeer, and having its offices at Evert van de Beekstraat 202 (1118 CP) Schiphol, The Netherlands, listed in the commercial register under number 34166584.
B. User identification
- The API User must provide his or her real personal name and real company name during signup
- The API User receives a license to the API Platform and an API key. The API key that API Users receive is personal and only intended for the API User. The API User cannot distribute, sell or otherwise share this key with others.
- The API User is not allowed to distribute, sell or otherwise share data obtained through the APIs with other parties (unless this is explicitly allowed in the API documentation).
- Each API key is configured with one or more Account Plans that give access to certain APIs on the API Platform. Some Account Plans can have additional conditions and/or Account Plan fees, to be defined in a separate Account Plan agreement. API Users must accept the Account Plan agreement before they can use the Account Plan.
C. Intellectual property
- The names and logos of Schiphol and Schiphol partners such as airlines are all protected by trademarks and copyright. API Users may not use these names and logos for promoting services or other commercial use.
- API Users are not allowed to suggest that they are affiliated to, selected by, partner of or representing Schiphol.
- No intellectual property is transferred from Schiphol to API Users, and API Users do not gain any intellectual property rights to data received through the API Platform.
D. API use
- API Users may not use the APIs to transmit information that is inaccurate, harmful, misleading, offensive or is perceived as unwanted mass communication (spam).
- API Users may not use the APIs to transmit any malware, viruses, denial of service attacks or use the API in any other way that is harmful for Schiphol or other organisations.
- Before using an API, API Users must read the documentation as provided on the API Platform. This documentation may contain rules such as usage limits, usage restrictions or caching rules. API Users must conform to these rules.
- Certain APIs are only intended for specific use cases, e.g. getting information for the passenger involved, or retrieving information about a current location. If it is stated in the API documentation that the API is only for specific uses, API Users are not allowed to use the API or the data for other uses.
- The API Platform and any API’s, are made available by Schiphol for an indefinite period of time. Schiphol has the right to cancel the availability of the API Platform or any API at any time without giving notice.
- APIs may not be used for retrieving data relatable to individual people. Such data is personal data and cannot be used in any way without permission of the individual it is about. API Users must comply with all privacy laws valid in The Netherlands when handling such personal data.
E. Monitoring and compliance
- Schiphol is allowed to monitor the use of the APIs offered on the API Platform and use this information for improvement of the platform, checking compliance with these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions and providing usage insight to API stakeholders.
- Schiphol can suspend API Users immediately if Schiphol believes that the API User does not comply with these General API Terms and Conditions and/or any Specific API Terms and Conditions, or in case of technical issues.
- If any API is frequently used by an app or other IT system, Schiphol has the right to audit the source code of such an app or IT system to verify that the usage complies with these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions.
F. Limitation of warranty
- The API Platform is provided as-is and without any warranty whatsoever. Schiphol is not liable for any damage due to unavailable or incorrect APIs.
- The API User agrees to pay for any damage or hindrance suffered by Schiphol or Schiphol business partners that is caused by incorrect use of the API Platform, or related to API Platform use in violation of these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions .
- Schiphol has the right to change these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions. Changes will be announced at least 2 working days in advance through the API Platform. By continuing to use the API Platform, API Users accept the latest version of these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions.
- In case of any conflict between these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions, these General API Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Any disputes related to these General API Terms and Conditions and any Specific API Terms and Conditions or the API Platform must be brought to Dutch courts and will be settled according to Dutch law.